Sunday, March 17, 2019

Mosaic Monday #19: Munch and Make

Almost since I began blogging 2 years ago, I have followed Tammy at T's Daily Treasures, and I have always been inspired by, and just a little jealous of, her craft group gatherings.

So I finally got my act together and hosted the first installment of "Munch and Make".  I invited the ladies from the neighborhood and other friends that are into crafts.

The gathering was also the impetus I needed to transition the house decorations from the red/Valentine's theme to Easter.  I kept the swags outside the front door, but changed the ribbon.  I remembered these wooden eggs (and managed to find them in the utility room!); 


they replaced ribbons and hearts in the above entry arrangement.

This Easter tree has always been a family favorite.  My mind skips back to the seasons when the kids would divide up the ornaments before hanging them on the wiry branches.  To me, the look is enhanced by the crocheted doily underneath.
I was blessed to receive these flowers at church.  As a member of the Arts and Environment committee (fancy name for the group that arranges the flowers and other seasonal decorations), I participated in decorating for Lent on the Monday before Ash Wednesday.  We don't use fresh flowers during Lent, so we divvied up the flowers we had purchased just the week before.  The colors are so joyful and speak to me of warm sunshine.

The utility room is my Dollar Store - I go "shopping" there for new decorating ideas to fit a seasonal theme.  My finds this time?  A rose teapot.  A purple candle, placed on an upside-down glass pillar candle stand.  A mug hand-painted by the kids many moons ago.  An amethyst-colored perfume bottle.  I love how these articles came together on this table.

Decorating complete, I enjoyed organizing the simple menu.  I plan to provide coffee and tea, as well as the main element of the snacks, while asking 2 attendees each time to contribute a small food item.  I figure it spreads the responsibility, and more importantly, we will experience a wide variety of foods!  For our first get-together, Spousal Unit baked a salmon and broccoli quiche, and I suggested fruit salad to one neighbor and baked goods to another.

Four ladies attended our inaugural session, and we noshed while crafting (the lemon cake was so light and fluffy you could almost imagine it had no calories!).  I took the opportunity to collect opinions about best days of the week for Munch and Make, as well as desired frequency.  For now, we will continue with Thursdays every other week, but we are likely to change to Saturdays once ski season closes and my work responsibilities on the mountain come to an end.  We know this will enable at least two of our other neighbors to join us.
Upper left: boot toppers with owls embedded in the knitting pattern
Upper right: yes, I am still working on those Christmas tree ornaments
Lower left: Crocheted baby hat  
Lower right: one of the ladies demonstrates her crochet technique

For those who didn't have an active project, I had prepared a table with all the supplies needed to create a simple Easter Egg Ornament.

This day, the group enjoyed chatting and/or working their own projects, so the table went untouched.  But it's OK - it will still be available when we reconvene next Thursday for our second session!  Watch a future post for highlights from Munch and Make Two.

Welcome to Mosaic Monday, a weekly meme where we get together to share our photo mosaics and collages.
Please include at least one photo mosaic/collage in your post.
The link will be open from 1 p.m. Sunday until 11 p.m. Monday (U.S. Mountain time).
Remember to add the link to your Mosaic Monday post and not the one to your blog.
Please link back to this post so that your readers will be able to visit and enjoy more wonderful mosaics; taking the MM blog button from my sidebar is an easy way to link back.
As host I will visit every participant and leave a comment so that you know I stopped by.
Please try and visit as many other blogs as you can, especially those that join in later, so that everyone's creativity can be appreciated fully.
Thank you for joining in today and sharing your mosaics with us.
 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

36 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I follow Tammy too and events like her's and now yours are so appreciated and welcome. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening, dear Angie! Munch and Made is a very good idea. The examples in each capture shows the resounding success.

    Happy MosaicMonday!
    Heidrun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun! I love crafting, I love chatting and I really love noshing on tasty treats. The perfect trifecta. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful decorations, love how you decorate for the the time of year. Lovely to have a craft time with your neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie! Love that munch and make idea. Hats off to you for bringing it together. I love that concept of going into your Dollar Store to pull out décor for the season. My laundry room and storage room off our Master Bedroom fit that bill! You are an asset to your community and your neighborhood! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty things, we’ve no crafty sklls here, none at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Munch and Make group gathering sounds fun! Your house is ready for spring and Easter - looks fresh & cozy. The colors of the bouquet are bright indeed. Happy MM Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to get together for a crafting day, meet, snake, talk, share and be inspired. Lovely. Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! Thanks for The mention. It's nice to know you were inspired to start your own craft group. Munch and Make is a great idea. Doesn't matter how many show up. It's just fun to sit and chat and craft. Always lovely to see what everyone else is working on. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angie, I'd join in if I lived nearby. How fun! A friend and I have talked about doing something similar for a year or so. Your inspiration may just make it this year. Fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fun for the neighborhood. Happy Mosaic Monday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, your Munch and Make gathering sounds like fun. Your Easter ornaments are cute. I like the homemade Easter egg. Your flowers are lovely and the meal looks delicious. I wish I could try the lemon cake, yum. Thanks for hosting MM! Enjoy your day, have a happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! fun time and all so creative! Beautiful mosaic photos!

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having a little trouble commenting today, as Blogger is being obstreperous. Great idea to get together with like-minded folk and have fun while being being creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you have really been busy. What a great idea to include the neighborhood in your fun. Great shots and lovely ideas
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  16. Munch and make...oh I love that! Wish I was there to share the fun! I see lots of pretty paper to cut and glue! I would have loved it all! Enjoy your week sweet friend! Happy MM! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely decor. Beautiful mosaics, too!
    I guess I have to work on my Easter decor, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun time with crafty crafters. A great idea and a nice way to get some new creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like so much fun with wonderful results! I wanted to link up but it looks like I'm too late :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful idea and a lovely way to get some crafting done and socialize at the same time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the sound of your munch and make with your neighbours. The menu sounds delicious. How fun this weekly get together with everyone will be.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lots of lovely mosaics in this post, Angie. What a great get together with a great name! You really have a knack for decorating your spaces as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. how fun to make ornaments, and they are precious. Your table behind the sofa is so pretty, it all is!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like Munch and Make (fun name btw) was a great fun. Lovely decorations! You should always have a fancy name, Arts and Environment committee definitely fits the bill. The flowers are so bright and beautiful! You truly are the hostess with the mostest.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice idea, Angie. I crafted with friends when I lived in Brooklyn, but haven't found the time here as we babysit quite a bit so my crafting has been with the children. We like a craft website called Red Ted Art.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all of your mosaics.
    Aren't the flowers lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...