Saturday, November 3, 2018

Mosaic Monday #1 - The Legacy Continues

I am honored to welcome you to my first post as the new host of Mosaic Monday.  Honored because I am a lucky lady to carry on the fine legacy established by our previous hosts - Mary @ Little Red House through August 4, 2014, Judith @ Lavender Cottage from August 10, 2014 through July 24, 2016 and Maggie @ Normandy Life from July 31, 2016 through October 29, 2018.  Please join me in thanking them!

My Mom's crochet - published 7/16/2017

Afternoon tea at Fairmont Banff Springs
Published 9/10/2017
How and when did you first come across Mosaic Monday?  My history with MM is relatively short, but then my blogging only began on March 2, 2017.  At that time, I was looking for other bloggers in Montana, and I found Kit @ A Montana Life.  Kit's blog roll contains both Maggie @ Normandy Life and Tammy @ T's Daily Treasures.  Tammy pointed me to PicMonkey as a tool for creating mosaics, and I was tickled with myself to publish my first three mosaics on April 3, 2017.

Making cookies for the neighbors
Published 12/8/2017
Then, on May 20, 2017, I linked to Mosaic Monday for the first time.  (I didn't learn about permalinks until later, so I am sure some of you that tried to find that post through Maggie's linky party got to read some other post … sigh.) Despite my mistakes, I was overjoyed to be welcomed by so many of you - 17 months later, I feel I am part of a community that shares its joys and sorrows through beautiful pictures and creative collages.  In honor of my first post as host, I have chosen 5 favorite mosaics to decorate this narrative.  I look forward to sharing many more collages, and to be inspired by your collections.

Scenes in Whitefish, Montana
Published 3/9/2018
A special thank you to Maggie @ Normandy Life, for her patience with my questions over the last couple of weeks.  As she says "Keep calm and keep asking questions … it's the only way to learn."  So, I hope you'll be patient with me if there are technical bumps along the way - as some of you know, techie stuff is not my forte!





Here's to many more years of Mosaic Monday!
Holy Cross Chapel, Durham, UK - published 3/16/2018




Welcome to Mosaic Monday, a weekly meme where we get together to share our photo mosaics and collages.
Please include at least one photo mosaic/collage in your post.
The link will be open from 1 p.m. Sunday until 11 p.m. Monday (U.S. Mountain time).
Remember to add the link to your Mosaic Monday post and not the one to your blog.
Please link back to this post so that your readers will be able to visit and enjoy more wonderful mosaics; taking the MM blog button from my sidebar is an easy way to link back.
As host I will visit every participant and leave a comment so that you know I stopped by.
Please try and visit as many other blogs as you can, especially those that join in later, so that everyone's creativity can be appreciated fully.
Thank you for joining in today and sharing your mosaics with us.
 


38 comments:

  1. ...the second and third are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hats off to you for undertaking the management of this meme. I will put something together to join you for Monday. I used to participate with Mary and then didn't continue well when she stopped. Love the mosaics you put together for your first linky endeavor! I'll be back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful bunch of pretty and yummy goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely mosaics - and congrats as host. (I'm the host of Our World Tuesday.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on taking on such a special role. Your mosaics are a collection of wonderful things. Each interesting set of pictures tells a tantalizing story of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mosaics, this one is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your new venture Angie. For my own part, I would like a tutorial in how to create a mosaic. Your own appear to be so well executed as ant effort of mine to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful mosaics to launch your first MM, you're going to have so much fun!
    I'm ready to link up just as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning and creative mosaics and how exciting you are now the host ~ fun!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mosaics are absolutely beautiful. Comgrats on being the new host.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting now MosaicMonday. Happy week to you!
    Heidrun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angie, your mosaics are perfectly wonderful. I am amazed to realize that I've been part of MM since the first host.. I remember that I started linking only a few weeks before Mary handed it to Judith ... ever since I started it has been one of my favorite sharing parties. Thank you so much for keeping it going. I appreciate the efforts of all of our hosts so much. Sharing is what makes this hobby so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on taking on MM! I have been doing it (tho not every week) since Little Red House. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for taking over. You do have some beautiful mosaics
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your willingness to host MM, Angie. Much appreciated. Your mosaic of the tea at Banff Springs brought back happy memories of our tea there, too, several years ago.
    I've been a part of MM since Mary's time, and like participating in this friendly group.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Angie, thank you for taking on as hostess of MM. I appreciate it as it's always fun to link up to MM. I've been joining MM since Mary first started it. I enjoyed your mosaics and reading about your history. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for taking over Mosaic Monday, Angie! I've been blogging 10 years so I first began linking up on MM on Mary's blog. I've enjoyed interacting with many bloggers over the years through it. I used Picasa for many years to make my collages and now I make them through Google Photos. I think I preferred Picasa collage formats more, but Google does not support it any longer...sigh. But as with anything else we have to keep moving along t=with the times. Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So great that you took over MM Angie! For the first time I participated in 2016 - then have continued on-off.

    Your rose mosaic is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome to Mosaic Monday! I haven't linked up with it in a little while but just came back. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now I know how you found me. I sporadically have participated in Mosaic Monday over the many years its been around, but not so much lately. I may have to remedy that. Congrats for carrying the hosting torch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulation on being the new host of Mosaic Monday.
    Have a nice week

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations and thank you for taking over Mosaic Monday. I have been with it for so long since Mary's days, and it would be so odd to not share on Mondays. It is how my week beings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you, Angie, for hosting "Mosaic Monday". You've created some very nice collages.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Happy Mosaic Monday! I've been joining in since Mary first did it and I look forward to it every week! I appreciate all the work you special ladies have done to make it happen...week after week! I'm thrilled to have one of my best blog buddies take it over now too. You'll do great! And we'll ALL have FUN! Happy hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  25. PS: IN answer to your question, I've been participating in Mosaic Monday for some years now. Came across it by chance and as I was already doing digital collages, it was a perfect meme!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello, welcome as the new host of Mosaic Monday. I am joining in with your fun Mosaic Monday. I enjoyed Mosaic Monday as far back as Mary's Little Red House and then I slowed down some on the meme parties. But, I thought I would give it another try. Your mosaics and images are wonderful. Thanks for hosting! Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Interesting to read about the history of the meme, of which I was unaware. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You will be wonderful as the Mosaic Monday hostess. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful mosaics and well done on becoming the new hostess.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Angie, Thanks so much for becoming the hostess for Mosaic Monday! Have a great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I was excited to see that you are hosting now and was going to join, but you're already closed! It's a bit difficult to hit the right times when you live on the other side of the world and are so many hours different!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Biscotti, yum. Very cool mosaics, Angie. And, kudos to you for taking over as host. When Molly and I get back to blogging, we'll come join you.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for taking care of Mosaic Monday as a new host. Your mosaic are always so lovely. I think I participated in June, 2017 for the first time invited by Tomoko (Green Tomato). I’m happy to be part of Mosaic Monday. Recently I don’t update so often but I’d like to join in whenever I update. Just stopped by to pay a respect to your first hosting.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Angie!
    The mosaics are absolutely gorgeous!
    Congratulations on being the new host of Mosaic Monday,that i know from my friend Eileen!And thank you very much for visiting my post and for your kind comment!
    I’ll be very happy if you follow me on my photography blog! Have a happy Wednesday!
    Dimi...
    http://decdimisaussi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. See=s to be a nice meme. Perhaps I will participate next week if possible !

    ReplyDelete
  36. Mosaic Monday has been a wonderful place to gather, visit and then drop over to others who join in to leave a comment. Thank you Angie for becoming the new host and welcome with your Mosaic Monday - yes the legacy now continues.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...