Thursday, March 9, 2017

Christmas in March


I am as giddy as a child with a new toy.  It’s untouched and it’s complex – it presents a world of possibilities!  It’s called a blog.





I am feeling a sense of accomplishment that I am figuring it out.  I have never been a master of technology – I have relied on my (millennial) kids for help – so I am grateful to Blogger for making it easy and to blog writers that have gone before me for providing inspirational examples.

As expected, the blog is testing my innate desire for perfection, which I have declared as the enemy.  Today, I forced myself to define a minimum set of requirements to proceed with my real blog.  Without it, I knew I would keep perfecting and perfecting and never launch.  So, with today’s progress, I am glad to say that I am very close to launching my real blog in place of this test bed. 

“You must never feel badly about making mistakes … as long as you take the trouble to learn from them. For you often learn more by being wrong for the right reasons than you do by being right for the wrong reasons.”  Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth


2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie,
    you are a great writer and I am excited to hear what you have to say. I share your desire for perfection and the attempt to just let go...Congratulations on your retirement, enjoy the slow(er) life all the upcoming adventures! Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind feedback! Three weeks into retirement and all is well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...