Friday, October 13, 2017

Fall Frolics

Joining Willy Nilly Friday and Skywatch Friday today - I hope you enjoy this assortment of fall frolics!



ONE: As we build our log home (hoping it never looks like the barn above), we have been searching for a red/purple stone to augment our fireplace.  I can't tell you the number of stone suppliers and quarries that we called in search of this elusive shade.  In the end, persistence paid off and we learned of Block Mountain Stone in Plains, Montana, just 2 hours south of us. 

So, off we went on a road trip to pick up 20 square feet of stone,  and we passed the above barn on the way.  After the stone was procured, our tummies were growling, and locals recommended The Butcher's Nook.  I second the motion!

TWO: Our generous and thoughtful neighbors gave us 5 pounds of plums and we were inspired to make plum jam!  

We were so delighted to give our neighbors a jar of the finished product, and to slather the jam onto toast for our next breakfast.  Yummy!


THREE:  Autumn brings fall beverages  and other goodies back to the menu of our favorite watering holes.  Last week I treated myself to a Maple Pecan Latte and a Pumpkin Scone at Starbucks.  Double yummy!









FOUR: OK, something has to be done about all of these calories - running!  The Whitefish Trail Legacy Run was based at the Whitefish Bike Retreat, the ideal starting point for a fun trail run set in the beautiful Beaver Lakes area of the Whitefish Trail.  Spousal Unit and I both participated in the 10K, and I was quite pleased with my result given that the route was rather hilly.  One hour and 6 minutes, fourth of eight in my age group, and 20th out of 45 women overall.  We were also blessed with great weather - sunny and crisp - in place of the rain that had been in the forecast.
FIVE: Walks in the fall are hard to beat.  Yellows, oranges and reds tossed up against a bright blue drop cloth of sky.  Dry leaves crunching underfoot, and raising an aroma that is at once deep woods and fresh bread from the oven.  Just enough warmth in the sun to allow reading my book by the lake, coffee by my side.


I was obsessed with the golden hues of this tree.

Reluctantly, I had to head for home, but I was rewarded with this tableau on the way back.   Oh, joy!

Linking with Skywatch Friday

Linking with Willy Nilly Friday

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful landscapes. You live in gorgeous surroundings. The stone you found is very pretty. I want to try the Maple-Pecan latte. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you have some mighty nice looking skies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Photos!! I Love that barn - so intriguing! and congrats on the 10K!! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how lucky you are to live in such beautiful country! Love all your pics and what sweet neighbors you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have captured some very nice images of a beautiful sky. The barn is my favorite. Have a blessed week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that wonderful barn! Love the purplish rocks...if I was putting in a fireplace that's exactly what I'd want! I envy your log cabin build! Great Fall photos too. I plan to read Wild...it's on my lift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous shots!! And now I'm hungry. I do love the photo of the old barn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like those pink rocks . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous landscape and sky. And lots of yummy things. I've got some sour plums I need to do something with. Perhaps I need to look into making some kind of jam or chutney. Congrats on the 10K.

    P.S. Yes, you did tell me about the prayer shawl ministry. Kudos to you on following through and getting involved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely. I am excited you left a comment and I found your blog... I love your style of writing, telling a story of one moment in time. The images are gorgeous. I can't imagine living with that natural beauty, but we're moving from Maryland to Colorado so maybe I'll see some of that too!! If we survive the move! I just might have to sign up to see where you're going next... LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved every willy-nilly ramble and every Fall frolic ... those last two skyscapes especially are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't this current weather fantastic?! I spent today outside putting my gardens to bed for the winter. Now where was this sunshine yesterday for the Homecoming parade. I froze! Have a great week! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful views and skies...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful views. I love plum jam. We've been enjoying the fabulous fall weather while it lasts here in Northeastern Washington. The winds are howling today and the leaves are blowing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who wouldn't love to eat at Butcher's Nook? Especially if I wasn't doing the cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Angie, I just found your blog thanks to your kind comment on mine. Congratulations on your move to Montana. I love the state and used to have a little summer cabin about 50 miles southwest of Bozeman. I enjoyed your photography in this post. Especially the Montana scenery. Great old barn in that first shot. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, gorgeous skies and views. I love that old barn. I am sure you will love living in Montana, it is a beautiful state. Lovely photos. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad that the search for the stone found you what you wanted. Your scenery photos are amazing! Such glory!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...