Sunday, February 11, 2024

A Finish, and February Fun!

 

A quick post to report that I have finished my hexagon stitch-a-long!

We are in Cincinnati as I write this, visiting #1 Daughter and our son-in-law.  When we return to Montana, I will take it to Michael's for framing - they have always been immensely helpful in choosing a frame and matting that complements the piece.

During our visit, we have continued to discuss the wedding cross-stitch design, which I wrote about in my January 14 post.  At that time, I pitched utilizing StitchFiddle as my pattern creator, and also asked my readers for input.  People suggested Stitch a Photo as an alternative, and I called one of my favorite cross-stitch shops for advice - Stitch a Photo!  This pattern creator charges a fee for the design (at StitchFiddle you can opt to pay for a Premium version), and I am willing to pony that up if it ensures a quality design, and more importantly, a quality result!  I have been communicating with Gail at Busy B Crafts (creator of Stitch a Photo), and she has been so helpful.  Stay tuned for more details!

In the meantime, we are having a fabulous time celebrating my 60th birthday, and I might just get in a little stitching time during the Super Bowl today!

*my sister gifted me finger-less gloves and a matching headband!

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching

 Slow Sunday Stitching

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like fun trip to visit your daughter. And a gorgeous finish on your cross-stitch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hexagon stitchery is beautiful! Have an enjoyable time watching the superbowl and of course, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stitching is beautiful! I'm glad you're having fun in Cincinnati, don't forget to listen to WKRP LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hexagon stitch work is beautiful. Happy Birthday to you!
    Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Your stitchery is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds as if you are celebrating your birthday with great gusto! Fabulous you are visiting family. Happy, Happy Birthday to you, lovely Angie! I'm in love with your exquisite embroidered hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Angie! Celebrate well! Your stitching is beautiful, and isn't it satisfying to complete a project?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Angie! What a treasured piece you have stitched as a gift. Wishing you and the receiver much joy and good health. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very happy 60th birthday to you. So happy to read you are celebrating and being celebrated well. I think this birthday deserves a 60 day celebration. :) Beautiful project you worked on!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That hexie cross stitch is so pretty. Happy birthday! And I love that big peep! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday. The hexie stitching turned out great. Looking forward to seeing it framed. The right frame and mat can take the project to the next level for sure. Good luck with your planning on the wedding piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your cross stitch and can't even imagine how many hours it must have taken you. Kudos for the finish. Cincinnati is a great city to visit; I grew up in northern Ohio. And it looks like you had loads of fun celebrating the special birthday! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Angie
    Happy birthday wishes to you and thank you for sharing the lovely photographs.
    Your stitching is brilliant, it looks so good.

    Enjoy your February days.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. A belated Happy Birthday Angie! Your hexagon stitchery is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Angie
    Happy belated 60th Birthday! Your cross stitch is beautiful! I did cross stitch and crewel work embroidery years ago and aways found it so relaxing. I often get inspired to begin again by creative works I see on Pinterest. Wish there were more hours in the day to get all I want to do accomplished..lol...a familiar refrain of many!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Popping back in as I make my blog rounds and waving hi and wondering what you're working on since Feb 11th, pictures please.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...