Sunday, January 28, 2024

Playoff Sunday Stitching

Hello football fans and fellow stitchers!  All week, I have been looking forward to Sunday - kept clear of all responsibilities other than watching the playoff games and stitching throughout!  Such a "guilty pleasure".  So, this will be a quick post with an update on The Steady Thread Botanical Blackwork Stitchalong.  Two weeks ago, I had 2 hexagons to go, plus the leafy frame.  Check out my progress!

 

As with most blackwork, you have the option for a classic black and white design, or you can add color.  Since this is destined for a guest bathroom decorated with shades of blue and brown, I wanted some color.  I hadn't decided on colors for the leafy frame - I opted for one strand of DMC 3045 combined with DMC 3781 for the "branches", and then selected five leaf colors, two of which were in the hexagons (DMC 320 and DMC 166).  Armed with those five colors, I had to map out placement within the leafy frame, trying not to put DMC 320 and DMC 166 next to each other in the hexagons.  Does that make sense?  It was a bit of a jigsaw puzzle!

I hope you all have a lovely Sunday of stitching.  Go Ravens and go Lions!


Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching

 Slow Sunday Stitching

18 comments:

  1. ...I wish that my eyesight was as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, I love all your pretty hexagons and the vine of leaves skipping around the hexies is wonderful. So much beautiful stitching in each hexie. The progress you've made in two weeks is amazing! You must be having fun stitching this pretty. Enjoy your football games. Ive been watching the Australian Open tennis final down here. It was such a nail biting and fabulous game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got the great stitching skills, Angie. Pretty details on this piece. Happy end of January to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitchings are always amazing and beautiful, I admire your talent. I hope everyone enjoys the playoff games!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching is incredible Angie, and having seen the first snow fall in Glacier National Park in September last year, I can see how wonderful having these project would be! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty piece of stitching, Angie. I love the fresh colours you've chosen. No sports watching here, neither for me nor for him. We're a good match!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    Your stitchwork looks beautiful, I love the hexagons. I am sorry the Ravens lost. Take care, have a great day and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I continue to love these hexies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blackwork stitching. I've tried ..unsucessfully to get the 2023 and the 2024 weekly hexie. When I go to that page to set up seys 404 error. Not available. I have to do it website ,because I don't have FB . Any help would be appreciated.
    Are you doing the annual February Crabapple Hill embroidery? Got mine all set up. yum! It's hearts this year. My fvorite motif.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stitching is beautiful! I've never done any countered cross stitching, it just looks so tiny. I was hoping the Ravens would win too. I thought it would be neat if both the Harbaugh brothers would have champion teams.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a beautiful design, Angie! Looks like you're very close to finishing it, too. We were sure rooting for the Lions - sad they didn't make it. I'm sorry I didn't see your post on Sunday, but glad you reached out to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have my eye on a few blackwork designs that I want to try. Your stitching is beautiful. I love the vine that you added with the two-tone floss. I hope you enjoyed your day of football stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful "blackwork" project. I've never seen it done in colors like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your black work is stunning Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so pretty. I love 'traditional' blackwork and modern blackwork is growing in appeal having seen projects like yours. Your piece is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice stitching Angie.
    Hope you enjoyed the match.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Angie
    I felt sure I'd commented here but I know blogger does sometimes put comments in spam folder!
    Thanks for sharing your stitching.

    Keep enjoying your February days.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...