Monday, March 13, 2017

Report: Week One of Retirement (or the Art of Enjoying Deserved Rest)


Welcome to the first installment of Angie’s Retirement Report.  I reckon this will be a regular feature on my blog – it’s a journey, right? So here goes.
Drinks at "Eats"
Hard to believe it’s already Day 9 of retirement.  Days do speed by when you don’t get up until 9 a.m.  I have enjoyed plentiful time with family, and a run through the park on a sunny day with Spousal Unit – what more could I want?  My sense of humor is in full force – maybe I was always too tired for my brain to produce humor.  Exhibit A:
Spousal Unit: “I am going into the shower to make myself more beautiful."
Me: “Good luck with that.”

Spousal Unit: “Can you go back to dis-engaged and exhausted?”
Kings in the Corner
I am feeling rested and relaxed.  As Spousal Unit has pointed out to me on numerous occasions, I have paid my dues with hours worked over the last 28 years.  Let’s do a quick calculation: assuming an average of 45 weeks of work a year and 66 hours a week, that is 32,760 hours more than a 40-hour week.  So, even though I have retired young by normal standards, I actually already worked the hours that equates to another 18.2 years.  What a brilliant option to invest that time in leisurely pursuits. 

“So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned.  Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land.”  J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Sunset from 7 Mile Beach, Grand Cayman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...