Sunday, January 3, 2021

Mosaic Monday #112: More Family Festivities

By the time you read this, #1 Daughter and The Boyfriend will already have been at their home for a week.  But it's never too late to recap the final days of their visit with us.

On the Monday before Christmas, we surprised them and #1 Son with a dogsled ride.  (Actually, I think #1 Daughter and #1 Son had guessed the plan, but it didn't lessen our joy one iota.  Spousal Unit and I experienced this adventure last year, and I knew they all would love it.)  The day was made all the more special because it was snowing as we pulled up to Dog Sled Adventures, and that white stuff kept falling throughout the ride.


The mushers radio ahead when they are a few minutes from the dog yard, so I was able to get outside and capture a video of the sled pulling in.


While I was waiting, I was totally amused and laughing out loud at a dog named Oreo - it was catching snowflakes as they fell!


No winter vacation in Montana would be complete without a trip to the Whitefish Mountain Resort.  #1 Daughter is normally a skier, but as moral support for The Boyfriend, she gave snowboarding a try.  Spousal Unit and #1 Son, both boarders, were their instructors for the day.  To protect the innocent, I will share no videos here - but this picture at the end of day shows them still in one piece and with smiles on their faces!!!


The next day, we went to Glacier National Park.  #1 Daughter and The Boyfriend had been there during their vacation in August (see this post), but it is a sparkly, white world in the winter!  We hiked from Lake McDonald Lodge to the Sacred Cascades and back again.  Later in the season, snowshoes would normally be required for this three-mile excursion, but in late December you can manage it with hiking boots and trekking poles.



Someone had placed a few small ornaments on one of the pine trees near the trail.  So festive!

As faithful readers will know, it is customary for us to stop for huckleberry pie after a hike in the Park.  This day was no different!  Yum yum!

On Christmas Eve, we returned to Whitefish Mountain Resort.  The Boyfriend continued his snowboarding lesson with Spousal Unit, while the kids (can I still call them kids?) and I went skiing/riding.  It was a rare blue sky day, and the scenery is practically indescribable.  These pictures will help you envision it a little!!!


Whitefish Mountain Resort allows foot passengers to reach the Summit via Chair 1, so at the end of the snowboarding lesson, The Boyfriend met us at the Summit.  Perfect time for a photo op!  (The mountains of Glacier National Park are in the background.)


After we returned home, Head Chef, #1 Daughter and I prepared the dessert for the next day.  You have seen this confection before!!! (White Chocolate Huckleberry Cheesecake)


We watched the movie Klaus (outstanding, if you haven't seen it) and turned in fairly early since it had been a long, active day.  And Santa won't come unless we are asleep!!!!  The next morning, Monty the Moose stood guard among the gifts while we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus.  And then the un-wrapping began, one present at a time!


It must have been exhausting for the young lady in the Santa hat, because she was napping in the afternoon!


Before we knew it, the mouth-watering aroma of turkey and all the fixin's was wafting through the house.  We all pitched in with our various talents, and sat down at the table with great anticipation.  No one left disappointed!  It was a delicious topper on an already wonderful day.   How I love Christmas and all its traditions!!!


Welcome to Mosaic Monday, a weekly meme where we get together to share our photo mosaics and collages.
Please include at least one photo mosaic/collage in your post.
The link will be open from 1 p.m. Sunday until 11 p.m. Tuesday (U.S. Mountain time). 
Remember to add the link to your Mosaic Monday post and not the one to your blog. 
Please link back to this post so that your readers will be able to visit and enjoy more wonderful mosaics; taking the MM blog button from my sidebar is an easy way to link back. 
As host I will visit every participant and leave a comment so that you know I stopped by. 
Please try and visit as many other blogs as you can, especially those that join in later, so that everyone's creativity can be appreciated fully. 
Thank you for joining in today and sharing your mosaics with us. 


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

35 comments:

  1. Yes, that was a wonderful week together... I see here in this Post laughing, adventures with the trip outside and of course fantastisc cakes.

    Wish you and your Family a healthy good NEW YEAR 🍀🍀🍀 Cheers, Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely winter wonderland and dogsledding! How fun!! I'm so happy for you and the family, spending time together and making memories.
    Happy New Year
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...it's good to see that you had a festive Christmas with family, I hope that you have a bright and healthy 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Angie what's not to like about this post??? Wow...winter fun! I have NEVER tried snowboarding, but I did try downhill skiing back in 2009, had a wreck and dislocated my right knee...my adventure winter sports ended that day!! I'm more of a snowshoe-er now! In fact I was able to go snowshoeing today! We got a bit of a dump of snow. The food looks so awesome, and congrats on the decoration of the cheesecake! It looks so PRO!! :) I am craving turkey and stuffing now!! :) So glad you all had so much fun. Oreo was so funny! I had a dog who did that when I was a kid, dogs know how to live in the moment!!! :) Happy New Year!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so pleased you were able to spend time with your family.
    The festivities and food look and sound great.
    I certainly enjoyed seeing your photographs.

    Many Happy New Year Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much wonderful stuff! I loved the videos. Goofy dog with the snowflakes. Huckleberry pie and cheesecake look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winter can be soo fun and beautiful. To bad we have not seen much of it yet where I live. I think your Cheesecake is a piece of art. If it is as tasty as it is beautiful I guess it was finished rather quickly. :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely post Angie, beautiful photos and wonderful family time. Your snow photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My Goodness, GOODNESS Angie, one of our most favorite places in the USA is Whitefish, Montana. We have stayed three different seasons at the Grouse Mountain Lodge there. My husband loves the Montana Coffee Traders near Whitefish for coffee and to browse their gift shop. Yes the Huckleberry pie, the Huckleberry anything is wonderful. I'm so green eyed envious, yet so happy to see these images that have totally delighted me so much. What a lovely family and the dog sled ride...now I want to do that one day too, as well as take a long horse drawn sleigh ride in the snow. I simply must get to ;) I'm so thankful for the year 2020 to be past us and now we can begin fresh after the end of this month. Right now there is just so much to stress over no matter what ones side is. Take care, stay safe, be well. Happy New Year~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful visit, everyone looks happy and the snow is beautiful. (Though I would still rather experience it only through your beautiful pictures). Food looks as yummy as it always does wherever you are! .... Happy New Year to you all and thank you for MM. (And when you figure out a better word for your grown-up offspring, let me know! My “kids” are at least as old as you are and I still haven’t figured out what to call them besides that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to be back after my blog break. It looked like a very happy Christmas at your home. Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of these days I would LOVE to have a white Christmas, but that won't be happening any time soon :( So I loved seeing your pics and videos. Thank you. The huckleberry pie and cheesecake look delicious, even though I have never tasted huckleberries. Looks like you had a lovely family Christmas. Sytay safe and all the very best to you and yours for a happy and healthy 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh the joy of being together and enjoying each other. You made the best of your area for sure. Huckleberry treats are a must in our parts, too. Oreo is a fun name for a dog! Such a joy filled post. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY NEW YEAR,
    Buon anno, saehae bog manh-i bad-euseyo, Barka da sabuwar shekara, Godt Nytt År, Manigong Bagong Taon, Szczesliwego Nowego Roku, ¡Feliz Año Nuevo, Gott nytt år, Nav varsh ki shubhkamnaye, Sal-e no mobarak, Eftychisméno to néo étos, Gleðilegt nýtt ár, S novym godom, feliz Ano Novo, heri ya mwaka mpya, Selamat Tahun Baru, Boldog Új Évet, Shanah tovah, Hau'oli Makahiki Hou, Ein glückliches neues Jahr, Ia manuia le Tausaga Fou, Bonne année, Hyvää uutta vuotta, Akemashite omedetō, Gelukkig nieuwjaar, Sťastný nový rok, Un An Nou Fericit, Godt NytÅr, San Nin Fai Lok, Xīn Nián Kuài Lè, Sanah jadidah saeidah, Gelukkige Nuwe Jaar, Jabulela unyaka omusha,


    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, Angie
    What a fun happy times spent with the family! The scenic views are gorgeous. The food sounds delicious, especially the pie and cheesecake. The dog Oreo is cute, we had a dog that liked catching the snowflakes. Thanks for hosting MM. Take care, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post, Angie. Nothing better at Christmas than good fun with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  17. PS: Thank you for hosting, here's to even happier times in 2020, Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It really is beautiful there. Happy new year and thanks for the fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful holiday you had! And I must say this dog sleigh ride looks fantastic. Oreo reminds me of Lola, when she tries to catch the waves when we're on the beach ;)
    Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Angie! Thanks for telling me about Tete de Moine...I have the ingredients necessary to make it, I found a recipe and I'm going to try it! Depending when I start it, it should take about 4-5 months before I open it and taste it. I'll give you updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely looks like it was a great visit with lots of activity and adventure. Seeing bright blue skies always makes everything brilliant and magical no matter the weather. My Colorado boy has tried sandboarding and snowboarding and says neither are very easy. Oreo is so cute catching snowflakes. That pie sure does look good and must have tasted mighty fine after a busy day. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year! Looks like you had a wonderful time. I hope all are well. Kit

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Christmas sounds wonderful! I can't even imagine what a dog sled ride would be like. How far/long is the ride?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy New Year, Angie! What a fun Christmas time you had with your family, Angie. I enjoyed reading it. Skiing was something I couldn't get a hang. For some reason I could never turn to the right, no matter how much I tried. So it was snowplow and falling left ever so many feet. lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great Christmas you guys had. The dogsled outing is the bomb. And you folks are so active, skiing, hiking, snowboarding, you did it all.
    Making memories for the younger folks that is what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now I want cheesecake... and I don't ever eat cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm a sucker for cheesecake of any kind - huckleberry sounds wonderful. I love all the Christmas traditions too - but unfortunately when I am here in Saudi Arabia, we don't have much of a holiday. Hopefully next year I'll be in the US where I can enjoy all the Christmas merriment.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice snowy party, have a good new year 2021 Angie and family.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I always wanted a go on one of those dog sleds Angie. Not much chance here of course. Thankfully we have no snow, just cold here in coastal Lancashire, courtesy of the Gulf Stream. Please send me a slice of that cheesecake.

    Happy New Snowy Year.

    ReplyDelete
  30. what an awesome post, and many thanks for not disappointing on the food!! hehehehe

    i LOVED klaus, we have watched it several times and i love it more every time i watch it!!

    both videos were awesome, and the family photo is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely photos 😍😍 You spent a nice and fun time :D Regards:**

    ReplyDelete
  32. Family fun indeed! Great photos and videos, Angie, have a happy and healthy 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Angie, such great photos and so festive! I hope the new year is wonderful for you and yourfamily!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a perfect way to spend some time together. I do love the silence of dog sledding, but not the cold...

    ReplyDelete
  35. This looks like so much fun. Good for you!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...